Hi all

What is the expected/standard way to handle error messages to flow_mod
requests?

If they are treated as SYNC messages, then my application would have to wait for
an ack. But if the switch has happily accepted the flow_mod, it does not send
back anything - causing my app to hang forever.

If they are treated as ASYNC messages, then my application fires off a flow_mod
and hopes all's well and goes about doing other things.  Sometime later an async
error message might be received.  Now my app's in trouble since I have already
done things I shouldn't have and rolling back can be messy.

One workaround to this might be:  Send a flow_mod message. Set socket.timeout
for a second maybe and if nothing arrived yet, then we can safely assume all's
well.  But this seems to be a very bad hack since the app has to wait
unnecessarily even if things have gone well.

Any other suggestions ?

regards
Gopal Agrawal