Hi

I am facing problems in using userspace openflow switch dealing with arp
packets on a set of virtual machines.
I had three Linux namespace based virtual machines set up in three physical
machines respectively. The ip-address of each port on the three physical
machines was set in the same subnet. Among the virtual machines, one was
used as openflow switch, the other two were used as hosts. The virtual
machines were connected through Linux bridging and each virtual link was
isolated with different vlans. I used NOX as openflow controller. NOX was
running on another physical machine. The topology is as following:

host 1 eth1--------------------eth1 OF-switch eth2-------------------eth1
host 2

                                                        eth3

                                                        eth0

                                                        NOX

host 1 eth1 192.168.10.11

host 2 eth1 192.168.10.12

OF-switch eth1 OF-port

                 eth2 OF-port

                 eth3 192.168.20.10

NOX eth0 192.168.20.100

Running nox with switch application, when host 1 ping host 2, using tcpdump,
I could saw arp requests and arp replies on eth1 of host2, eth1 and eth2 of
OF-switch. However, on eth1 of host 1, I could only see arp requests,
without arp replies.

What’s the problem and how to solve it? Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Fang