On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 10:17 AM, D Arunprakash <d.arunprak...@ericsson.com>
wrote:

> Aswin,
>

> From http://www.openvswitch.org/support/dist-docs/ovs-ofctl.8.html,
> ct_clear clears the following ct fields,
>

> ct_clear
>
>                      Clears connection tracking state from the  flow,
> zeroing
>
>                      ct_state, ct_zone, ct_mark, and ct_label.
>

>                      This action was introduced in Open vSwitch 2.6.90.
>

> But from the ovs2.8+, there are new CT fields introduced, will ct_clear
> those as well?

The ct_clear is intended to clear the states, I don't think (I could be
wrong) the other fields will be present in a packet submitted back from to
the pipeline from conntrack, they are used when we send the packet to
conntrack.

In this case I think we need to identify who added these extra fields, if
it was due to acl service it should have been cleared by ct_clear. But the
ct_clear functionality was broken in the kernel datapath in the initial
ovs2.9 release and was addressed by [*]. We should have this fix for this
to work as expected.

[*]https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/864353/