jeet chel wrote:

> Hello all,
>               I am interested in working towards interoperating
> between the existing solutions in Healthcare. Does anybody know of
> any  framework for doing that? . One way I can think of is in
> identifying an existing open standard and using that for writing
> wrappers for the particular softwares. Can anybody suggest another way
> of doing that. Has anybody ventured in a similar area?. What are the
> possible ways of approaching this problem .I am looking forward to
> writing a proposal for the same and your suggestions will be highly
> valuable.
>   Thanking you in advance,
> --
> regds
> Jeetesh

You may find something useful in the openEHR specifications. See
http://www.openehr.org/ ; specifications are at the "Release 1.0
candidate" hotlink on the right hand side -
http://svn.openehr.org/specification/BRANCHES/Release-1.0-candidate/publishing/index.html

openEHR is designed as an open health computing platform, and could be
used as you say. Clinical and other domain models are not included in
the information models, but created separately, in a formal language.
See examples at http://oceaninformatics.biz/archetypes/

- thomas beale

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/W4wwlB/TM