For the information of the organisers of this list: please see the
message from Brian Bray below. I note that Brian sent this message to
the original openhealth-list hosted by Minoru Corporation, so I see no
ethical impediment in forwarding it to this list, especially given its
subject matter.

BTW, Horst Herb has re-affirmed his standing offer to host this list (or
 a re-named version of it) on his servers (located in a data centre
somewhere in Germany). Horst's servers already host the OzDocIT web
site, dealing with Australian health informatics matters - see
http://www.ozdocit.org - and the GPCG (General Practice Computing Group)
mailing list, which is the premier Australian health informatics mailing
list - it took over from a list of the same name when the organistaion
which hosted the former list decided to replace it with a Web forum
(which has since seen very little use).

Horst's servers use Mailman and can support custom domain names, wikis
and community portals - provided the focus is open source in health. I
am passing on this information on behalf of Horst because he refuses,
understandably perhaps, to subscribe to a Yahoo-hosted mailing list.

Anyway, if it does become necessary or desirable to move this list
somewhere else (with or without a new name), Horst's servers are ready
and able to provide a nice new home.

Tim C