This is from one of our development partners in
Toronto. Their dedicated team of programmers have
developed a "Case Management and Order Entry"
pluggable module to OSCAR. Have a look at their
demonstration site and give them some feedback. There
are currently known OSCAR installations for the
homeless shelters in Toronto, Hamilton, and Alberta.

------------------
Hello CAISI users!

on behalf of the CAISI/OSCAR users and the CAISI
development team, I would like to thank Mike Donnelly
for his free software programming contributions to the
development of CAISI OSCAR Open Source Software.
Please join me in thanking Mike!

Mike has added soundex capabilities to our client
search functions. Minor misspellings of names or
variations in name spellings will now (Program
Management Module version 2.0). This is the beginning
of a very important feature in CAISI that prevents the
duplication and fragmentation of care among the
homeless. Duplicate records in client managment
systems lead to loss of work, waste of resources,
errors in care, loss of continuity in client care and
many other problems. This is particularly important
with some of the more vulnerable clients we work with
who have difficulties keeping ID or who for various
reasons have trouble providing accurate ID information
when they are registered with various agencies.

Look for this feature in the next release (scheduled
for March 18) of CAISI OSCAR software. You can view
and test this feature now at:
http://caisi.mdumontier.com:443/OscarWAR
user name: oscardoc
password: caisi.ca
2nd level password: 1117
(if asked to enter cookie username/password - enter
"pugsley" twice)

Mike has expertise in HL7 -  the current standard for
the communication of health information between IT
systems. We hope that we may benefit from his
expertise in this area!

Tomislav

The Toronto CAISI Project: Agencies integrating care
to end chronic homelessness. www.caisi.ca  please join

David H Chan, MD, CCFP, MSc, FCFP
Associate Professor
Department of Family Medicine