Nandalal Gunaratne wrote:

> Thomas Beale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Linus may have "an iron fist control " (though I doubt it), but there
> are many FOSS projects that don't! They seem to be doing equally well.
I investigated quite a lot about how he works when using BitKeeper,
because the whole of Linux was on BitKeeper at one stage. I am not at
all convinced that any non-trivial project with any kind of longevity
can survive and grow without a proper engineering team at the core. If
there is no "editorial" control to maintain the design vision, it won't
work. are there any counter-examples?

- thomas