On Jun 23, 2006, at 8:36 AM, Nandalal Gunaratne wrote:

> What type of open source licence is likely to be used for these
> implementations? "Public Domain" is a bit tricky on the legal
> front, as legally it is owned by the US Public, and therefore, the
> US government. They could refuse certain countries the free use of
> VistA for political reasons for example?

Not being a lawyer, I'll ask a naive question: It's one thing to
choose to license your own work under GPL, but why would anyone think
they could make another person's work into something licensed under
GPL? If they can, is it right? (Okay, that's two questions.)

Gregory Woodhouse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Judge a man by his questions not
his answers."   --Voltaire