> Fred,
> if you were to spend 5 minutes to actually have a look at the site
> (which I agree is not wonderful, but it isn't impenetrable either), then
> you would find that under the "projects" menu you could access pages
> like the following:
> http://svn.openehr.org/knowledge_tools_java/TRUNK/project_page.htm and 6
> other similar pages. Each of these project pages provides direct links
> into the Subversion repositories. The reason you were asked for a
> password is because you tried to go in at the root, which is not
> generally "open" in Subversion repositories.

Now that is clear!

> > What does "Based on" mean. Does it mean your software is proprietary
> based
> > on an open specification?
> >
> based on means it implements the specifications. I really don't see the
> mystery here. Has no-one here heard of software based on published
> specifications? Maybe I have been in the wrong place all these years...

Ok, I think we are talking past each other. Here is a page from Ocean
Informatics.
http://oceaninformatics.biz/CMS/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=36

It lists the products which very clearly state that they are based on
openEHR. Now assuming I buy one of these products what license have I agreed
to? Do I get the sourcecode? Do have the share the sourcecode? If I used
these tools to make a clinical application would I be able to release the
source code? More importantly were is the website on Ocean Informatics that
permanently answers these questions? As to where you are... you are on a
list that strongly favors open source software, in that context it is
reasonable to have to answer these kinds of questions carefully.

-FT
--
Fred Trotter
http://www.fredtrotter.com