> For what it is worth, I would rather always
> give the source code away as part of any deal, and we will certainly
> work toward that goal. But a higher priority is to make sure the company
> survives obviously. So...watch this space.
>
> - thomas

Thomas,
            Thank you this is exactly what I was looking for! I am sorry
that I must be so difficult about this. But the VistA community has been
recently burned by Medsphere regarding this kind of thing. I respect your
right to take your time to sort this out. Please hurry since there are many
of us might be hesitant to invest in OpenEHR until this is settled. Once we
know whats in the open source pile and whats out of it, we can more
comfortably move forward. As I have made clear before I would hope that you
would end up making all of the medical software that you have available
under the GPL and I applaud your releases thus far. You may feel that you
are taking too much heat over this and you are absolutley right, but with
the Medsphere drama we need to be more and more careful about what
commitments are made to the community from corporations. I am very
enthusiastic about both OpenEHR and Ocean Informatics.

Regards,

--
Fred Trotter
http://www.fredtrotter.com