Thanks Christian for uploading these forms. Perhaps I should explain
that the travel expense estimates are to be completed by those who seek
to get financial support to attend the OSHCA Conference 2007 from May
8-11 in Kuala Lumpur. Priority will be given to presenters/trainers who
had or will submit abstract(s) for their presentation. Annoucements to
this effect had been made on this list as well as other lists before.
Priority will also be given to OSHCA members or would-be-OSHCA members,
individuals or from non-profit organisations. "Small-fit" or up-start
for-profit organisations will be considered for major expense support
(partial scholarship for items like airfare, hotel), if the technical
committee feels that their presence and presentation will benefit the
conference participants. For your information, Conference registration
is approx. USD100 (MYR350) per person that also covered lunch and 2
tea/coffee breaks with snacks for 4 days.

I would like to mention here that support for such scholarships is only
possible through the generousity of the Research Support Grant from
IDRC, Canada (thanks to Laurent Elder who is on this list) and
UNDP-APDIP's IOSN Asean+3 programme (thanks to Alvin Marcelo who is also
on this list) Alvin is also working with OSHCA to organise a training
programme for at least 20 new programmers from Asia in our capacity
building initiative with funding from InWEnt, Germany. This programme
will be carried out during concurrent sessions on the 4th day of the
conference. We are still finalising the training content which will
focus on FOSS concepts and Health Data Interoperability. I would welcome
the presenters and participants coming for the conference to volunteer
to be trainers if appropriate. Apart from the committee members having
to volunteer their time to "manage" the conference (hence a different
form for committee), others who wish to also volunteer are encouraged to
do so. The Logistics Committee will come out with a "to-do" list for
"before and during" the conference.

Please e-mail me (or Alvin) directly for information on availability of
other funding sources, depending on where you are coming from e.g IOSN
South Asia.

My apologies that the OSHCA web-portal is painfully slow, so we will try
to upload any updated conference programme and annoucements here as
well. A separate mailing list called [EMAIL PROTECTED] had been
created (thanks to Soo Hoe) for those who will be attending the OSHCA
conference to receive updates and announcements regarding the
conference. Subsequently all those who register to attend the conference
using form-002 will be subscribed to the list. There are several people
who will be attending the conference but are not on this openhealth
list. The settings for the list are:
- all members can post without moderation
- people can subscribe and unsubscribe by themselves
- list archive publicly viewable
If you wish to subscribe to this mailing list, go to the participants ml
webpage at http://mailman.oshca.org/mailman/admin.cgi/participants
and subscribe or if you have problem, let me know so that I can
subscribe you to the list.

Apologies for this lengthy post.
Rgds,
Molly