Well said Wayne.

Let's assume that everything you said is pretty well true and good advice --
particularly what you said about ID management.  I still might take a stand
that, while a PHR effort 'local' in its scope and mission might be
considered a waste of resources, a community based effort with a larger
perhaps national scope -- something that would compete with Google and
Microsoft -- might still be in order.  I've taken cursory looks at both
Google and MSs PHR platforms and they're pretty cool.  I still wonder if a
pure grass-roots FOSS PHR , something like an OpenMRS (www.openmrs.org),
might have some value.

I'd certainly cheer on such an effort and hope that Mirth, WebReach's
contribution to the FOSS movement, would be leveraged to help meet the goals
of the project.