We have a lightweight app written in Java that we run from a 1 gig or
smaller USB thumb drive that synchronizes with OpenEMR via SFTP.  IT was
designed to be used offline in the patients home and then sync up when
you out are on the internet (or intranet).

It's a very flexible framework for data collection as the forms and
rules can be modified without any coding.  We call it MEDICS, MI2
Encrypted Data/Information Collection System.  see www.mi-squared.com
for a full users guide in PDF

We are pretty close to getting it cleaned up enough to make it an FOSS
application.  It works well in Windows and Linux.  We have been talking
about porting it to the andriod platform or i-phone, etc.  Right now we
run it on netbooks like the Acer Aspire (XP) or the ASUS eee-PC
(eeubuntu or xandros)

--Tony McCormick