When I first got into healthcare I had tons of those "huh?" moments...

-  The failure rate in HCIT seemingly being higher than other
industries, by failure i meant project failures
-  The dozens and dozens of ways to accomplish the same thing depending
on type of coverage, practice etc.  It seemed to me that every specialty
or section in healthcare had their own process to accomplish the same
things, which of course vary by organization too.
-  The separation between clinical staff and IT, kind of like the
phrase, the left hand isn't talking to the right, in HC it seemed like
the left hand didn't even know the right hand existed.
-  How far behind HC is, in terms of technology from other industries,
to put this in perspective, one of my clients, a major hospital well
respected hospital uses hardware that i think may predate myself (i'm in
my mid 20's).  Also ran into some software that was almost as old as i
was too.
-  Hardware procurement got me, it seemed to take forever to get
anything, it took us 1 month to provision resources to buy a 100$ NIC
card, in the end we bought it for the client cause after a month the
request was still in limbo.  In a nutshell healthcare seems to move
significantly slower than other industries...

that's all for now