Hal Rosenstock wrote:
I'm not sure what a consumer would want a timeout to a non request
method.

Since RMPP provides reliability, I think that it makes sense to indicate to the user when an RMPP MAD is not acknowledged. If no error is generated, the user could mistakenly assume that the packet was successfully delivered.

Other alternatives are:
Change RMPP send timeouts to be same as normal MAD sends
or
Not return entire send packet on timeout. Is that a requirement also ?

I agree with Roland that there doesn't seem to be a need to return the entire send packet on a timeout. A user could always keep the MAD around until it completes if it needed it for some reason.

- Sean