Edward,
Sorry I wasn't any help. Now I begin to wonder why mine is working!

Guy

On 02/15/11 12:48 AM, Edward Martinez wrote:

Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 11:41:29 +0000
From: guy.wool...@btinternet.com
To: openindiana-discuss@openindiana.org
Subject: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] GPU HCL - nVidia Questions&  Advice

   You just need to look at /etc/X11/xorg.conf and change "vesa" to "nv"
- that should do it. My Xorg.conf file reads simply.

Section "Device"
      Identifier  "Card0"
      Driver      "nv"
EndSection

I have a 27" monitor that needs 1920 x 1080. Vesa looks terrible for me
as it doesn't get past 1280x 1024 (if I remember rightly). It's a shame
as this card is a) cheap and b) looks pretty good when it does its stuff
under WinXP.

The other downside is that most of the Screensavers shipped with OI
don't work for me.

Best of luck

Guy
Hi,
  Did not work for me. I made my xorg.conf to look like yours but I get the
following error and i was also getting the xtsol module not found but that
   was cleared up when i installed trusted-xorgserver.  current error:

   NV(0): No valid intial configuration found
   Screens found, but none have a usable configuration

     Fatal server error:
     no screens found

so i thought  issuing "Xorg -configure" might help but it did not i get the
same error

  xorg-conf file created from Xorg -configure cmd:

         Section "ServerLayout"
         Identifier     "X.org Configured"
         Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
         InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
         ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/amd64"
         ModulePath   "/usr/X11/lib/modules/"
         FontPath     "catalogue:/etc/X11/fontpath.d"
EndSection

Section "Module"
         Load  "ia"
         Load  "extmod"