Ok, here we go:

gernot@tintenfass:~# mdb -k
Loading modules: [ unix genunix specfs dtrace mac cpu.generic uppc pcplusmp scsi_vhci zfs ip hook neti sockfs arp usba uhci s1394 fctl stmf_sbd stmf idm fcip cpc random sata crypto sd lofs logindmux ptm ufs sppp smbsrv nfs ipc ]
> AcpiDbgLevel
> AcpiDbgLevel/x
AcpiDbgLevel:
AcpiDbgLevel:   0
mdb: failed to dereference symbol: unknown symbol name
> $q

So, ApciDbgLevel seems to be 0??? Now I'm getting confused... shouldn't that mean no Apci debug function calls at all?

Regards,
Gernot Wolf

Am 20.10.11 21:21, schrieb Steve Gonczi:
Here is something to check:

Pop into the debugger ( mdb -k) and see what AcpiDbgLevel's current setting is.

E.g:

AcpiDbgLevel/x

The default setting is 3. If its something higher, that would explain the high
incidence of
Acpi trace/debug calls.

To exit the debugger type $q or ::quit

Steve