So are people up for netqmail, daemontools, djbdns packages?

On Sunday, April 22, 2012 08:34 PM, Gary Gendel wrote:
Which brings us back to qmail. I've been using it flawlessly starting on a Sparc IPC running SunOS before Postfix was a gleam in Wietse Venema's eye. The darn thing is rock solid, secure, lightweight, and fast. That said, I have nothing against Postfix other that I've never had a reason to look further than qmail.

You did. That's why you are not running qmail-smtpd. Not even a patched qmail-smtpd. Yes, DJB designed qmail to be modular and using third-party modules is far game but using third-party modules already means it is not qmail. Stop deluding yourself. qmail's main problem has always been back-scatter due to lack of smtp time recipient checking not mention all the other host of things one needs/wants do before accepting message body data.

You have looked beyond qmail and decided to stick with dot-qmail and other goodies and found yourself a qmail-smtpd replacement.

Gary