On 12/12/2013 16:14, Stephan Budach wrote:
Am 12.12.13 15:18, schrieb Jim Klimov:
On 2013-12-12 14:38, Stephan Budach wrote:
So basically, I am still running with this work around of setting the
affected fs to read-only, before I export the zpool.
This server is under constant load and I just don't have the time and
resources to move all 370+ ZFS fs onto another storage.

And how did you manage to set the read-only attribute the first time?
Were there any problems or tricks involved? As CJ suggested, one
wouldn't be able to do this on a pool imported read-only... did you
import it without mounts indeed?

//Jim

You surely can set the readonly attribute for a ZFS fs on a read-only
mounted zpool. Mounting the zpool readonly only seems to affect the
global setting. It seems to possible to change the ZFS FS attributes
without any issue. So the work around was…

zpool import -o ro zpool
zfs set readonly=on zpool/zfs
zpool export zpool
zpool import zpool
zfs set readonly=off zpool/zfs

This has always worked for me and it still does.

Would be interesting to know under which cicumstances this problem
appears. I saw from one of the crash dumps that there was a scrub
active, could it be that this happens on servers which go down with
an active scrub on that pool and fail to reactivate the scrub then ?
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski    Inst.f.Meteorology a.Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php