On 12/26/14 02:28 PM, Gary Gendel wrote:

Are there things that we feel are lacking? Absolutely but we work around them. When things break of are deprecated we install replacements. For us, not supporting DHCPv6 PD is a drawback since this is the method our ISP uses to give us a block of IPV6 addresses. I built the ISC dhcp server but I couldn't figure how to integrate it into illumos so it functioned correctly, so I resorted to a 4-to-6 tunnel using Hurricane Electric. The good side was that I was able to put the ISC dhcp client into poi-userland before the sun dhcp meltdown.
I hope you continue to report bugs like this , feature requests etc.
Because after all, it is what people in the field are telling they need - is moving things further.

If all things that are needed to be done are listed , then fixes could be prioritized. And not making something that people using it did not want, but exactly what users need.