On Sat, 13 Aug 2016, Sakuma, Koshiro wrote:

Hi,

I've just finished and done configuration of dovecot 2.2.18.
However, I got error when I started it up as follows.

anvil: Fatal: epoll_create(): No such file or directory
master: Error: service(anvil): command startup failed, throttling for 2
secs

When I installed on Solaris 11, it worked without any issues.  But I am
trying to move all systems to OpenIndiana now.

Could you please let me know about some hints.

The key here is to add the --with-ioloop=poll configuration option. I used these options to configure (over and above whatever omnios-build adds by default):

    --sysconfdir=/etc
    --localstatedir=/var
    --mandir=$PREFIX/man
    --enable-static=no
    --with-ioloop=poll
    --with-gssapi=plugin
    --without-ldap
    --with-sql=plugin
    --with-sqlite
    --with-zlib
    --with-bzlib
    --without-libwrap
    --with-ssl=openssl

The alternative to not using --with-ioloop=poll is to change the dovecot configuation not to use chroot since it is chroot which is breaking epoll_create(). I decided that chroot is good.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn