Hi,

Yesterday after updating to the lastest Hipster release I was playing a mkv file using VLC starting from the cli, VLC reported that the it was using the hard acceleration (Nvidia driver NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-384.59.run). When playing the video from the beginning it played well, however when I used the VLC slider bar to advance through the video, system performance slow, the GUI was unresponsive. In the cli, a message reporting unable to stop dma. The only way to recover was to press the power switch until the system powered off.

I repeated the same test and even when I able to kill VLC the performance issue remained and I had to power cycle to recover.

Regards

Russell