>>> https://docs.openindiana.org and
>>> http://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/ docs directory.
>>
>> What's going to happen to the Hardware Compatibility List?  I make
>> regular contributions to it whenever I try OI on new hardware.  I
>> also
>> review the list before purchasing hardware to determine which
>> hardware
>> likely works with OI.  The wiki seemed to work well for those
>> purposes.  Any facility that accepts contributions from everybody is
>> going to require a certain amount of management.
>>

> I agree with Gary. Although keeping a more than less static docs site
> running is a good idea, there is still the need for some wiki-like
> pages that can be used for rapidly changing things like the H/W
> compatibility list.
>
> Maybe a simpler wiki would do?

Maybe use open source software, like MediaWiki (what Wikipedia uses) - I
haven't read its docs, but I gather it's capable enough to e.g. only allow
non-guest users to edit; maybe capable enough to designate different groups of
users as able to edit different pages.  (where I gather it would be weak, would
be if you wanted pages that were only even visible to certain users, aside from
the special case of hidden pages only being visible to sysops)  If it can do
that, it should be able to do well enough to let small groups be responsible
for portions of the whole; unless that group wanted it more open, they could
simply receive (on an open talk: page? by email?) suggested changes, and apply
those they approved themselves.

The one advantage that particular one has (regardless of technical qualities)
is that probably more end users have some familiarity with it than any other.