Am 18.05.19 um 13:44 schrieb Rainer Heilke:
> Hi.
>
> On 5/18/2019 2:54 AM, alka wrote:
>> Your OS is OI 151a prestable 9 from 2014
>> https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/oi_151a_prestable9+Release+Notes
>
> This, sadly, does not mention the ZFS/Zpool version numbers.
>
>> Your ZFS version must be v5000 with features
>
> OK, thanks.
>
>> You can request feature state with 'zpool get all backup'
>
> Because I can't import the pool ("unsupported version or feature"),
> this gives me, "cannot open 'backup': no such pool". That's the
> catch-22 I keep running into.
>
>> I would use a current Illumos distribution from may 2019, either
>> OmniOS long term stable 151030 or OpenIndiana Hipster 2019.05 in the
>> GUI or text edition. They can both import your pool and give many new
>> pool features and options (faster, stable, more secure)
>
> The new Hipster barely runs with the GUI desktop on this old hardware.
> :-( That's why I am thinking OmniOS or one of the other distributions.
> Installing all of Hipster and then disabling half of it (the GUI
> desktop) seems silly, and like extra work.
You won't get a GUI on Hipster if you install from the text install
media. In fact you need to run "pkg install mate_install && pkg
uninstall mate_install" if you want the GUI after installing Hipster
from the text install media. Nevertheless seems OmniOSce the better
choice for you if you only run a server and don't need anything that
OpenIndiana has to offer.

Regards,
Andreas