On Tue, Aug 04, 2020 at 08:02:23AM +0200, Andreas Wacknitz wrote:

> I am also using emacs quite heavily and I can definitely say that
> resizing emacs' frame works for me on OI.

I'm happy to meet another emacs user.  Of course, this problem may not
be specific to emacs.  Does Mate have a default window size?  Does
emacs appear in the Applications/Programming menu on your desktop,
like it does in mine?  Does emacs have a blue-grey background?

> So it must be your configuration that prevents the resizing.

That was my conclusion, and also my question.  Maybe this behavior is
caused by something left over from the Gnome desktop.  Where should I
look?

--
-Gary Mills-            -refurb-                -Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada-