On 12.01.21 16:58, Tony Brian Albers wrote:
On 01/12/21 04:39 PM, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:

On 12.01.21 16:31, Tony Brian Albers wrote:
On 01/12/21 04:17 PM, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:

On 12.01.21 16:10, Tony Brian Albers wrote:
Is there a way that I can use something like mic boost? I've been
rummaging around in pulseaudio(pacmd etc.) all day now, but I can't
find
anything that's not set to a 100% volume with regards to the
microphone.

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Maybe it's not switched on in the mixer ?
I tried
$ audioctl set-control -v mic 100

But that only increased the level, and the noise with it.

I suppose that's what you mean by "mixer"?

No, I meant the equivalent of the Gnome audiomixer, Linux alsamixer,
don't know what's that on Mate now. Should be somewhere in the desktop
menu.

Yeah, that's the mate-volume-control thingy I mentioned earlier. It's at
100% for the mic volume.

Some BIOSes also have an option to switch audio devices, usually it says
'Use AudioHD' or similar. It should be switched to the AudioHD device,
if it has such.