On Tue, 12 Apr 2022, s...@pandora.be wrote:

----- Op 11 apr 2022 om 15:47 schreef John D Groenveld groenv...@acm.org:

Does disabling in.routed with routeadm(8) prevent your default
route from being disappeared?
<URL:https://illumos.org/man/8/routeadm>

I also wonder why this system that becomes unreachable after a a certain uptime,
runs 'in.routed'.   And indeed whether disabling in.routed can be done,
or is it (according to the original poster) a requirement for the setup that
route:default is enabled ?

I think it is the system default to run 'in.routed' since otherwise it is possible that routing might not work out of the box in some network. However, it is often not needed or actually useful so I think it is wise to disable this if it is not needed.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
Public Key,     http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/public-key.txt