I've spent some time today working on this.  My strategy is to go from
the v37 driver (which is both in the 2.6 kernel and 2.4 kernel) and go
forward from there from lkml patches that are appropriate.  I have a
base set of patches that compile and work.

Do we need emulator capability?  How about smb?

-Corey