John,

Greatly appreciated, thank you.

We should start simple and work our way up. Since we've spent most of our time
working on raw frame rates, perhaps it would be best to face down the jitter
problem first. Lets start with something simple: a basic translate transition
of a rectangle, and see how that goes.

I've pushed to the Graphics repo "TranslatedRectangle" which is just a single
rectangle, animated horizontally, with a linear interpolator so that any jitter
would show up easily and immediately.

On a few-day old version of the workspace I saw an occasional stutter on Mac.
It might be GC, or it might be something else (not sure). I've just updated to
the latest repo and will run it again after I have a build.

I'm going to add a wiki page to keep track of FPS & Jitter for the sample so we
have some numbers, and we can gather the data from a variety of environments /
platforms. We need a reliable way to measure the Jitter -- for that I will try
to use the PulseLogger. In the meantime, if you can just run this and let me
know the results on your system that would be great.

After simple translation we can try path animation, or try different types of
nodes.

Richard