So I take it you guys are talking about a port of jre8 to run directly on both
android and iOS hardware/os.

Great. But what are the options for this? We have been focusing on robovm
because it was the one that was at a working stage, but robo is based around
the android rt. What options/alternatives are you guys proposing for the j8
runtime? What's out there that's working?