It seems like dx can be convinced to accept 1.7 code [1] and almost
everything needed API-wise to support the new Java7 language features is
already in Android 4.0+ [2] (and thus also in RoboVM which is currently
based on 4.1). So if jfx78 can be made to compile with robovm-rt.jar or a
modified android.jar (which doesn't hide the Java7 classes like
AutoCloseable) on the bootclasspath we should have a version of jfx that
can run on Android and Dalvik.

[1] https://github.com/yareally/Java7-on-Android
[2]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7153989/java-7-language-features-with-android