Hello,
are you suggesting to use various fx:versions on multiple elements in one FXML
file? It seems very unlikely that we would want to mix more versions of the
same class in one document. I've suggested to use default namespace, because
JavaFX API classes basically are (default) namespace for the FXML document, in
fact namespace of the document is defined by classpath.

On the other side XML diffing might really have problem when using FQN, because
those names won't match even for the same elements. I'm not expert in XML
document versioning though and I cannot say how important it is.

Don't know if it's an argument, but XML default namespace is actually feature
of XML and as such it's for free for us. Using fx:version attributes must be
defined, designed and implemented.

Please note that due to nature of FXML - elements are defined by classpath -
the version of FX API should not be strictly checked, the version number just
says what version of JavaFX API was used to create the document. This
information can be then used by tools somehow.

  Milan