Hi Danno,

Scene Builder relies on FXMLLoader:
- it won't open an FXML file whose fxml.version does not match FXMLLoader own
version
- it will attempt to open an FXML file no matter javafx.version but this may
fail if SB FX SDK
  is no longer compatible with the FX version specified in the FXML file

Scene Builder is strongly coupled to the FX SDK bundled with it.
I don't see this changing very soon.

Eric