On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 22:57:51 +0200, Joe McGlynn <joe.mcgl...@oracle.com> wrote:

I don't know why FX Media isn't in the FX 8 API docs, but that's clearly an error. Please file a bug on that.

In the meantime, you should look at the FX 2 media docs, there isn't a lot of change from FX2 media in FX8. Buffering and streaming (HTTP Live Streaming) are both supported, as is playback from a URL.

What is the strategy for codecs? I mean, now we have ImageIO (there is also JAI but it seems basically dead). ImageIO provides many image codecs and there's a SPI that can be used to support more formats. Will it be replaced by FX2 media or co-exist with it?

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect @ Tidalwave s.a.s.
"We make Java work. Everywhere."