I don't want to detract from the issues around media stuff (they are
significant), but if you are desperate (as I was), here's some code for
doing video capture and streaming based on LTI-CIVIL and writing to JFX
image to render the video:

   - https://code.google.com/p/jfxcamera/

It's a work around and not elegant at all, and media needs to have a lot
done to be useful. I only include it here in case there is something useful
you can take from it to hobble through.