There is already bug filed to restore the FX Media APIs to the FX 8 API docs:

https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-32004

-- Kevin

Joe McGlynn wrote:
I don't know why FX Media isn't in the FX 8 API docs, but that's clearly an
error.  Please file a bug on that.

In the meantime, you should look at the FX 2 media docs, there isn't a lot of
change from FX2 media in FX8.  Buffering and streaming (HTTP Live Streaming)
are both supported, as is playback from a URL.