The thing is, point size is a fixed size - 1pt==1/72 in, regardless of the DPI.
It is simply incorrect and confusing, arbitrarily deciding that a point is
1/96in.

How about implementing the fix based on a global static variable somewhere? And
perhaps printing a warning to the console when the first CSS is applied if that
global hasn't been set saying, "CSS point-size fix not activated - this will be
set by default in a future release".

jeff