Hi all,

To change the Java API now would break the universe. All you can do is add new API. This can be in the form of new methods on Font, however things like Font.getSize() must always return pixels. A new method can be added getPoints() and new constructors that take points added, or perhaps a boolean parameter that says the the double parameter is in points, not pixels. A global mode would be horrible and error prone (unless I am missing something).

Steve

On 2014-03-05 5:19 PM, Tom Schindl wrote:
 From my tests the font size generated by CSS is what one gets with the same
point size and font using native apps and Qt - my complaint was the font size
when using the Java API.

Tom

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 05.03.2014 um 23:03 schrieb Felipe Heidrich <felipe.heidr...@oracle.com>:

The problem is that point size used by Node and point size used by CSS are not
the same.
One uses a 72 DPI and the other 96. Thus the final pixel sizes are different.

I don’t see how to change one or the other without breaking a ton of people.

Maybe adding a global font DPI so that Node can be made to match CSS ?

Suggestions ?

Felipe

On Mar 5, 2014, at 12:39 PM, Pedro Duque Vieira <pedro.duquevie...@gmail.com>