Hi,

I've written a small sample to see what it gets me to check:
* creation overhead
* memory overhead
* call overhead

I'm not very good at this kind of thing so someone who knows to write
benchmarks might know a lot better - need to check out JMH most likely.

Anyways here are the numbers:

Topic           Lambda                  Subclass
Create10M       372ms (0.00003723)      220ms (0.00002205)
Mem             108byte / instance      84byte / instance
Call-1M*10      42ms (0.0000042)        35ms (0.0000035)
Call-1*1M       11ms (0.0000011)        10ms (0.0000010)

So Lamda is considerable slower 40% and takes 20% more space, call
behavior is fairly the same. I'll try to learn about JMH.

Tom