On 15.04.2015 04:58, Stefan Fuchs wrote:
So my question is, how does the web frontend process work at oracle?

Quoting from https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/general/JBS+Overview

"At the time of launch, self-service account creation is not supported. Users without an account can browse JBS anonymously or use bugs.sun.com to view a time-delayed and simplified snapshot of bug state. Users without an account can also use bugs.sun.com to submit an issue. When such an issue is submitted, a record is created in the Java Incidents (JI) project in JBS; at the time of launch, the JI project is not publicly visible. Issues in the JI project have an identifier like JI-9XXXXXX, where the numeric portion corresponds to the bug identifier sent back to the submitter. After an initial triage process, if the incidents needs further review, it can be transferred to be an issue in the JDK project. When such a transfer occurs, the issue gets a new identifier in the JDK project (JDK-8YYYYYY) but references to the original JI-9XXXXXX number will be redirected."

Can I somewhere look up the status of an review or incident report?

You can browse to https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JI-9XXXXXX and if an incident report has been triaged and transferred, you will be redirected to https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8YYYYYY .

Is there an escalation level?

Quoting from http://bugs.java.com/ :

"Please note that fixes for bug reports are not guaranteed through this channel. For bugs that require immediate and personal attention, Oracle offers Java SE
Support. Support customers should report bugs through My Oracle Support. "

One last question about the migration. I have several bugs on my
watchlist. Will I continue to receive update notifications for this bugs
after the migration?

See https://robilad.livejournal.com/139637.html

cheers,
dalibor topic

--
<http://www.oracle.com> Dalibor Topic | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +494089091214 <tel:+494089091214> | Mobile: +491737185961

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Kühnehöfe 5 | 22761 Hamburg

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher

<http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed to developing
practices and products that help protect the environment