The NVIDIA Control Panel allowed me to disable SLI completely and I even
rebooted.  I also upgraded to Java 8u72.

Sadly JavaFX still performs like a one-legged dog dragging a cannon ball on a
chain.

All other 3D apps, games etc. perform blindingly fast as I would expect.

So, if it's not an SLI or driver problem, what is going on here (or not going
on)?

Felix