Hi Jim,

I had Windows 10 on my previous machine and my wife's low-end PC is also
running Win10 and the same version of Java.

But I have what is supposed to be the fastest graphics card of all (GeForce GTX
Titan X) and she has a very basic card.

The only real difference is that she has a 22" monitor with a resolution of
1920 X 1024 (?) and I have 2 4K monitors.

Hi-DPI is supported in the sense that everything renders at the correct size
etc (unlike Swing) but it performs so slowly that there must be something
fundamentally wrong, especially since JavaFX seems to be the only technology
that's affected.