Volkswagen is doing a lot of research with JavaFX. For more than two years
now, it is their technology of choice for rapid HMI prototyping. The have
developed a framework–namely Tappas–entirely written in Java/JavaFX, which
already runs on embedded hardware, featuring a 3D map renderer.[1][2][3]

Projects like this are good to create trust in JavaFX, especially when
huge companies like Volkswagen promote the technology. However, it is
uncertain whether JavaFX will ever make it into series development.

[1]
https://oracleus.activeevents.com/2014/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=3700
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2mvLSzM1kg
[3]