I'm not a shader expert  either but I have worked (and written some myself)
with them, so I'll give my 0.02$ (given that I have no idea what the
complete shader looks like)

It looks to me like the initialization of a default scoped global (eg
Johan's vec2 pixcoord) is done using non constant variables. What that
means is if those variables are  'varying' variables or basically anything
that is only know at the time the shader is invoked... well that's a
paddlin' because you are referring to per invocation scoped variables (like
'gl_FragCoord' but anything with a 'varying' or maybe
even 'uniforms'storage qualifier might fail too I would assume?) to
one-time initialize a global.

Mostly guessing on my part but defining a default scoped global that you
only need in your main is considered very naughty anyway (even if it works).