I'm currently looking if I can get some robovm fork kickstarted. (
https://github.com/FlexoVM/flexovm/issues/4 ).

It's really a shame that for this one time Java has a real nice aot
llvm compiler, MS kills it. Being able to compile Java (or any
bytecode language) to a native, fast and small executable (especially
for arm/embedded use which does not require an Oracle license) would
be *really* cool. Let's see if we can continue to make this happen in
one way or another.