Alan Bateman wrote:

On 26/05/2016 16:38, Kevin Rushforth wrote:
Yes, I've tested it in both modes (with a simple HelloFXCanvas program) -- as an automatic jar file and as just an ordinary jar on the classpath.
Just curious, if there are qualified exports to javafx.swt then how it does when on the class path?

The qualified exports are done using reflection to the calling module that contains the javafx.embed.swt.FXCanvas class, irrespective of the name of the module (so it works even when the javafx.embed.swt package is in the unnamed module). I plan to file a follow-on bug to tighten the integrity checks, which may or may not include requiring it to be in a module named "javafx.swt", depending on whether all of the use cases can be done with javafx-swt.jar being loaded in a named module (e.g., Mandy's recommendation of using the Layer API).