Thanks for confirming. So it sounds like we have a workable plan.

-- Kevin

Alan Bateman wrote:

On 27/05/2016 13:47, Kevin Rushforth wrote:

The qualified exports are done using reflection to the calling module that contains the javafx.embed.swt.FXCanvas class, irrespective of the name of the module (so it works even when the javafx.embed.swt package is in the unnamed module). I plan to file a follow-on bug to tighten the integrity checks, which may or may not include requiring it to be in a module named "javafx.swt", depending on whether all of the use cases can be done with javafx-swt.jar being loaded in a named module (e.g., Mandy's recommendation of using the Layer API).
Okay and using addExports is really the only way this will work when javafx.swt is a child layer.

As regards the mixing of code in named modules and unnamed modules then it should work fine. javafx.swt will read all modules in the boot layer. Code this module will also link to SWT types and for that to work then they must be visible by means of its class loader. The simplest is to just specify that loader as the parent class loader when creating the child layer.

-Alan