We're too focused on JDK 9 to think about JDK 10 yet. After we stabilize JDK 9 we'll start planning. At that time we will solicit feedback from the openjfx-dev community to help prioritize.

-- Kevin

Konstantin Pasko wrote:
Hi Kevin,

sorry for the offtopic, but as you just mentioned JDK 10, could you please tell us what is planned for that release? Something from the high level? New/missing features, controls, huge bugfixes? Googling "javafx road map" or "javafx jdk10" gives no results and looking through https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/projects/JDK/versions/16302 is quite time-consuming.

With best regards,
Konstantin

    No, I don't have anything further to add about WebGL, if that's
    what you are asking.

    As for moving to Blink, that would be a very large effort. We do
    not currently plan to do this for JDK 10, but could reevaluate it
    in the future if something changes.

    -- Kevin

    Felix Bembrick wrote:

        Any comments on this? Isn't it time to move to Blink?

            On 13 May 2016, at 04:32, Felix Bembrick
            <felix.bembr...@gmail.com
            <mailto:felix.bembr...@gmail.com>> wrote:

            Thanks Kevin.

            I was more curious as to why WebGL support hasn't been
            there since day 1, given that WebKit itself supports it.

            Felix

                On 13 May 2016, at 01:52, Kevin Rushforth
                <kevin.rushfo...@oracle.com
                <mailto:kevin.rushfo...@oracle.com>> wrote:

                It was an issue of resources versus priority and
                scope. JDK 9 is focused on Jigsaw modularity and a few
                other minor features. It is more of a "smoothing out"
                release than a big feature release (except for
                Jigsaw). We expect JDK 10 to be a somewhat more
                feature-oriented release.

                -- Kevin

                Felix Bembrick wrote:
                    Do you mind if I ask what the rationale behind
                    such a decision is?

                    From an admittedly perhaps totally ignorant
                    outside observer, it would seem to me that any
                    cost/benefit analysis would basically put this
                    feature in the "no brainer" category and should
                    have been implemented at the very least since JFX 8.

                        On 12 May 2016, at 01:11, Kevin Rushforth
                        <kevin.rushfo...@oracle.com
                        <mailto:kevin.rushfo...@oracle.com>> wrote:

                        No. WebGL support is not planned for JDK 9. We
                        will look at this for JDK 10.

                        -- Kevin

                        Felix Bembrick wrote:

                            Will this new WebKit finally support WebGL?

                            Just by supporting WebGL in the JavaFX
                            WebView will instantly enable an entire
                            new set of 3D features and access to a
                            plethora of JavaScript 3D libraries for