Please file an Enhancement request and we can consider this for JDK 10.

Dirk Lemmermann wrote:
+1 on Java 8/9 update. But I have a feeling that will be hard to accomplish.

Indeed it will be. We have a general policy against further enhancements for JDK 8uNN. I suspect the same is likely for JDK 9.x, but I can't say that for sure until there is a JDK 9 updates project.

-- Kevin