On 4/14/17 7:36 AM, Michael Paus wrote:
For my Mac (Retina) I know that the renderScale is 2.0 but how do you find that
out in the general case?

In JDK 9 you have:

Screen.getOutputScaleX/Y()
Window.outputScaleX/Y (read-only double properties, based on Screen values)
Window.renderScaleX/Y (get/set double properties, default to output scales)
Window.forceIntegerRenderScale (get/set boolean property)

In the case of Canvas, though, since we can't re-render currently (we have an outstanding wish-list item to add invalidation and repaint capabilities to it so we can make the data non-persistent) we have to choose the largest rendering scale that we might ever need - which is basically the max of all of the Screen output scales.

We need to add (for 10, too late for 9):

Canvas.renderScaleX/Y properties, gettable for all, settable only for
non-persistent canvas objects

and maybe:

Canvas.repaint/validate/etc. for enabling non-persistence

                        ...jim